At Capital City College Group (CCCG) we are dedicated to transforming lives through exceptional education and training. Our focus is providing our learners with the skills to be successful in their futures, whether that is continuing in education through higher education, or an apprenticeship, or supporting them into a higher-level job.
City of Islington College are looking for a motivated, student-centred, and enthusiastic Learner Behaviour Support Officer to provide guidance and support to students at the Angel campus. The role is student facing and largely based in the main student space.
With appropriate experience reflecting a strong background in working with young people (preferably 16–18-year-olds), you will be able to deliver this important role within the campus which requires someone that can quickly develop a positive rapport with students and positively impact student behaviour.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the CCCG team who are passionate and dedicated to providing our students with the best possible teaching and training to fulfil the futures best suited to them. We recognise how hard our people work towards ensuring our students are supported throughout all areas of their college experience, and thus we provide an excellent set of employee benefits.
Our employees benefit from:
- A generous annual leave package, in addition to bank holidays, and time off between Christmas and New Year.
- We are part of the defined benefit Local Government Pension Scheme, which means the pension you get is based on how long you have been a member of the scheme and how much you earn.
- We offer our employees access to LifeWorks, a discount portal providing our people with support and resources for their lives and wellbeing.
- We are part of Cycle scheme, the UK’s most popular cycle-to-work benefit,
- We offer interest-free season ticket loans to staff, enabling them to benefit from the savings of holding an annual Travelcard.
- All staff members are eligible for a free annual eye health checkup, and a contribution towards spectacles. We also offer staff members an optional annual flu vaccination and provide access to occupational health.
At CCCG we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We create a safe and trusting professional environment where people are treated well and equally.
We are committed to safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check.
Our values Respect, Aspiration, Collaboration and Opportunity are the key ideas and principles that people within our organisation and our partners believe are important. They sum Our Purpose: why we do what we do, and Our Approach: how we go about our work.
City Islington College is an award-winning further education college in London with centres in Holloway, Angel and Finsbury Park. The College offers a huge array of academic and vocational courses from entry levels right through to HE for young and adult learners. These include foundation learning, A-Levels, BTECs, Apprenticeships, Access to Higher Education. The College also works closely with all stakeholders and offers bespoke training and development programmes.
Our Sixth Form centre located on our Angel Campus offers over 30 A Level subjects to our students, one of the largest choices in the UK, providing high level academic study for around 1,800 students wishing to progress to university.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient application for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.