Join our 4-year PhD programme designed to develop innovative projects in disciplines such as Nanotechnology, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mathematics among top universities worldwide
7 full scholarships available: Apply by August 23, 2022
Università Cattolica, University of Notre Dame, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, KU Leuven
Università Cattolica is the head of the project; Brescia is both a modern city and a city of art, close to Milan and to renewed lakes and vineyards
International Doctoral Programme in Science
Double Ph.D. title possibility
Partner universities: Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Italy), University of Notre Dame (USA), the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile (Chile), and KU Leuven (Belgium)
When: start date: November 1st, 2022 – end date: October 30th, 2026
Where: the available fellowships are joint projects between Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Brescia (main location), Notre Dame and KU Leuven
Research fields of available positions: Physics, materials science, physical chemistry
Duration of the course: 4 years
7 full scholarships are available, see the details at https://scuoledidottorato.unicatt.it/science-10695.html#content
The positions are related to the following projects:
- Time-resolved optical microscopy techniques to characterize 2D transition metal dichalcogenides
- Novel architectures for advanced sensing based on 2D materials platforms
- Coherent control of electronic dynamics in layered quantum materials
- Supersonic cluster beam synthesis of innovative transition metal oxides photoelectrodes for hydrogen production
- Study of a real time inspection system based on infrared and THz to be coupled to a multi-energy X-ray inspection system for applications in the food and automotive sectors. Industrial partner:X-Next (Italy)
- Biomarker sensing for precision medicine in digital healthcare. Industrial partner: Antares Vision (Italy)
- Biomolecule mapping and identification via optical microscopy techniques (BioMAP)
Why you should attend our International PhD Programme in Science (IDPS)
The IDPS is a 4-year PhD programme designed to let the students develop innovative projects at the forefront of different disciplines, such as Nanotechnology, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mathematics among top universities worldwide.
Established in 2016, the International P.h.D. in Science aims at:
- providing the opportunity to achieve a dual degree
- offering wide opportunities to learn and experience different environments
- supporting each student with joint supervision joint supervision on research projects involving two of the participating universities and two dedicated tutors
- enjoying a vibrant environment: Università Cattolica is the head of the project; the city of Brescia, is both a modern city and a city of art and history close to Milan and to the wonderful, internationally renewed, lakes and vineyards.
Students are recruited to work under joint supervision on research projects involving two of the participating universities, with a mandatory stay of at least one year in each university.
Each student will hence have one tutor from the financing institution and one tutor from the collaborating institution.
Calls are open. Find out all the opportunities!
Application deadline: August 23rd , 2022, 2.00 pm
How to apply:
Applications for the selection procedure will be considered from candidates of all ages and nationalities who have an Italian degree (laurea specialistica or laurea magistrale) or any foreign academic qualification recognised as equivalent to the Italian degree by the academic authorities in accordance with inter-university agreements of co-operation and mobility.
Applications will be also considered from candidates who, by the date of the application deadline, have not yet obtained their degree or other foreign academic qualification.
For further information on the Application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact: [email protected]
PhD school secretariat: [email protected]
For individual agreement information contact: Valderrama Julieth ([email protected]tt.it)