This newly created role will be responsible for the capture, management and reporting of information to support the School in the delivery, evaluation and planning of all professional and consultancy contracts. This includes the Command and Staff Academic Provision (CSAP) contract held with the Defence Academy. The role will be required to adapt the reporting to differing stakeholder requirements, therefore a key element of the role is creating suitable data systems and procedures that are flexible to allow for easy presentation of findings to fulfil these varying needs.
Thepostholderwillberesponsibleforcreatingmethodsandtemplatesfordatacollection,whichalignwith University systems and stakeholder requirements. As well as establishing the systems, the post holder will also lead on the collation, recording, general management,analysing and reporting of data streams.
This role will work with a range of people throughout the organisation, as well as key external stakeholders.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- Collate key monitoring data to report progress of contracted professional education programme performance, including progress against key performance indicators
- Thoroughly cleanse and validate the data integrity, to ensure accurate reporting
- Gather the data as required against KPIs including teaching, course development, reports, continuous improvement plans, deliverables and quality assurance
- Prepare reports to suit the requirements of the various funders, adhering to any predetermined templates where applicable
- Provide analysis and draw conclusions from the data in order to add value to project delivery and help inform d ecision making
- Ensure data is gathered and reported in a timely manner for regular reporting periods
- Respond to ad hoc requests for information as required
- Provide guidance and advice on the systems developed to users inputting data, to ensure data is entered timely and accurately
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Relevant work experience involving data analysis and reporting
- Proven experience in collating, integrating, manipulating, analysing, cleansing and presenting data from a wide variety of sources
- Experience and good understanding of GDPR regulations and how this effects data gathering, storage and reporting
- Experience of developing, maintaining and improving data capture systems
- Proven track record of excellent IT skills (particularly Word and Excel, and Power BI)
- An ability to plan and organise own workload effectively with general supervision from senior colleagues
- An ability to listen and engage and to present complex information in a clear and repeatable manner, to a variety of audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders
- An ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues
- Recognised qualification in Data Science or similar
- Experience of working in higher or further education, or in public sector organisation
- Experience supporting contractual reporting requirements