An exciting opportunity has arisen in the HR department at Darwin Escapes!
We are looking for a HR Advisor to join our Head Office team at Talacre Beach Resort in Flintshire, North Wales.
This is a permanent position to work full time hours. This will be standard office hours with 4pm finishes on Monday and Friday.
Flexibility is essential to suit the needs of the business.
Darwin Escapes has 24 amazing destinations across the United Kingdom, each of which has its own unique offering. Whether you are looking for a role in food and beverage, grounds, maintenance, housekeeping, entertainment or at a management level then the Darwin family will have the career waiting for you!
The successful HR Advisor will
- Report to the HR Manager and work closely with all members of the HR team.
- Advise and support managers to correctly apply HR policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching to improve manager confidence and people management capability.
- Liaise with all levels of employees and advise them through policies and procedures.
- Support the delivery of effective disciplinary and grievance procedures, including attendance at hearings as advisor, where required.
- Support the delivery of effective absence monitoring and management, providing reports and assisting in review meetings where appropriate.
- Undertake and assist on HR related projects as directed by the HR Manager.
- Deal with queries by telephone, email and in person.
- Log all calls and email communication on a daily basis.
- Assist with general HR administration tasks.
- Experience as a HR professional, with proven experience in a HR Advisor role within a fast paced multi-site company.
- Competency in establishing good working relationships with a range of internal customers along with the ability to quickly gain credibility as a HR professional within the organisation.
- Highly skilled in communication both verbally and writing with careful attention to detail and the ability to check all work for accuracy and quality standards.
- A proven track record of managing and solving a range of complex casework including disciplinary, capability, grievance, and sickness absence management.
- Competency in interpreting and providing accurate and timely advise on complex employment legislation matters and conditions of service ensuring consistency, compliance and best practice.
- Experience of iTrent would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel / Word / Outlook.
- A full driving licence is essential for this role as there would be a need for occasional travel within the Group.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement (*with the option to cash in a number of holidays per year).
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK.
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools.
- Food discount across all resorts.
- Discounts on spa treatments.
- Discounts for on the gate tickets and yearly memberships at Chester Zoo, the UK’s largest charity zoo.
- ‘Introduce a friend’ recruitment bonus.
- 100% work attendance bonus.
- Company employee sick pay.
- Compassionate leave pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- MediCash cash plan.
- Subject to terms and conditions
Why work for us:
‘Darwin Escapes is successful because of our Team, who are like minded, dedicated and committed to delivering outstanding standards and customer experience. This is how we support each other to carve those life long memories for our holiday home owners, holiday guests and golf members and visitors’ – Lindsey Esse, Managing Director.