Imperial College Business School’s vision is to be a globally excellent business school that ranks amongst the best in the world. The Edtech Lab plays a critically important role in achieving this vision by building new capabilities in online degree delivery, identifying new market opportunities, developing innovative new programmes and learning approaches, influencing industry practice and designing processes and policies that can be leveraged across College. This is an area of competitive advantage for the College, building on the knowledge, investment and capabilities of learning technology already on campus.
The Head of Learning Design is a pivotal role in the Edtech Lab, responsible for overseeing the design and delivery of Imperial College Business School’s suite of online and blended programmes. The post comprises multiple aspects, including creative direction, quality assurance and evaluation of all new online courses, team planning and support, stakeholder management, process and workflow optimisation and overall responsibility for embedding best practices and innovation in learning design, ensuring a high-quality student experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead a high-performing and collaborative team, in order to support the delivery of the Edtech Lab’s strategy
- Oversee the design and delivery of all online and blended programmes for the School, continuously adding to the expertise base through innovation and evolving our pedagogical approach
- Provide expert guidance in the field of learning design, advising on the choice of learning approaches and methodologies, implementing best practice throughout the student experience
- Oversee the quality assurance of all online and blended programmes, ensuring the reliability and consistency of the content produced
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with academic staff and stakeholders within the Business School, delivering training on the use of the learning experience platform in teaching, learning and assessment
- Assist in the review and evaluation of the effectiveness of instructional design across the Lab’s portfolio and use the results of evaluation exercises to implement changes to programmes/courses and improve delivery to students
- Represent the Edtech Lab at internal and external conferences and events.
- Educated to postgraduate degree level (or equivalent), preferably in the fields of education or publishing
- Proven experience as a Head of Learning Design in a similar role
- A track record of excellent stakeholder engagement, team management and talent development
- Detailed knowledge of leading instructional design theories and evidence of experience developing high-quality content for online educational programmes
- Understanding of digital transformation, pedagogical thought and the wider processes and constraints around online and blended teaching
- The ability to think, pivot and deliver quickly when required, responding to emerging / changing opportunities and challenges calmly and effectively
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) with a meticulous attention to detail.
Candidates are required to complete an online application. CVs only will not be considered.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact [email protected]