Location: London, Shoreditch
Transforming lives through excellent education
London Met is an extraordinary institution. Equity and social inclusion have always been our driving principles, and it’s what makes the University so unique. Our organisation is distinctive, both in its eclectic and diverse community of students and staff, and also for its historical role in serving some of London’s most deprived boroughs. Everything we do is underpinned by our philosophy that an individual should have the opportunity to transform their life through the power of education.
Equipping our students with the tools for their future is at the heart of our academic offering. We pride ourselves on providing our students with access to a wealth of opportunities and professions. Our graduates benefit personally, but also contribute their unique perspectives to society, culture, public service and the economy in all areas of London, the UK and around the world.
ABOUT THE POST
We are looking for a leader who shares our values to join us to help realise our ambition around business engagement, providing leadership and strategic oversight of:
- Income generating exchange or knowledge to enterprise
- Business start-up at our very successful Accelerator at Shoreditch
- Student Enterprise Development
In doing so, you will work closely with the Pro Vice-Chancellor Research and Knowledge Exchange, the Director of London Engagement, the Head of Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategies Implementation, and the Heads of Research and Knowledge Exchange in our five schools.
In your role you will:
- Lead the development of income streams that come from the commercial exploitation of knowledge: such as Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, start-up incubation, innovation support, consultancy and others.
- Maintain a network of relationships with enterprises that will assist both in the growth of knowledge commercialisation income and support graduate start-up activity.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the quality of the University’s Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF) and the Knowledge Exchange Concordat.
- Lead the Accelerator as a viable (commercially) and vibrant community of technology businesses that engage positively with the University.
- Lead the university wide drive to enrich and expand student enterprise learning through connection with curriculum provision and opportunity-development for students and staff; increasing the number of graduate start-ups.
To be successful, you will either have experience as a leader in knowledge exchange and accelerator related roles or come with a strong industry background in business incubation and income generation. You will also have experience of leading teams, operating at a strategic level and being enterprising in your approach: spotting and realising opportunities for growth in your area of managerial responsibility.
Closing Date: 27th June 2022
To apply, please click the Apply button and use the reference to search for the post.
For further infomation please visit our website at https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/about/jobs-at-london-met/ and quote the reference.