The University of Roehampton is recruiting to the role of Graduate School Administrator to join our dynamic team. Working in the Graduate School provides an opportunity to support our doctoral students from the beginning of their academic journey to the end, as you will assist them from initial admission and registration to organising arrangements for their final viva voce examination.
The Graduate School Administrator will provide an efficient and responsive administrative service to students and academic staff across the University, to support doctoral researchers and their supervisors. Excellent liaison and organisational skills are a priority for this post in order to contribute effectively to the provision of excellent service delivery. We have an exciting range of research degrees and a growing portfolio of professional doctorates.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a key contact for research students and supervisors, handling telephone, e-mail and in-person enquiries.
- Processing research student data and maintaining and updating the student record system.
- Supporting the organisation and delivery of our research student training programme, the Research Student Development Programme (RSDP).
- Supporting postgraduate research admissions and assessments, including arrangements for viva voce examinations.
The successful candidate will have skills and experience in:
- Using MS Office packages (Access, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word) effectively and the ability to learn new administrative systems as appropriate.
- Using University databases for reporting purposes both internally and externally
- Communicating clearly, effectively and professionally with a range of internal and external clients.
- Handling and processing personal data in line with UK GDPR requirements.
We are London’s Campus University, based on a beautiful 54-acre parkland campus. This short video will give you a taste of life at our wonderful campus and its excellent facilities.
Academic staff have access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
Professional Services/Support staff up to Grade RU6 have access to the Local Government Pension Scheme; and on RU7 and above, have access to the University’s Retirement Savings Group Pension Plan, a defined contribution scheme, provided by Royal London. Our full range of benefits are available here.
Further information can be found on the job description. If you would like to apply for this excellent opportunity, please click on ‘apply now’ or visit the working at Roehampton pages of our website and search ‘Graduate School Administrator’. If you have any specific questions on the role, please contact Professor Ted Vallance, Director of Research and Doctoral Study.
The University is committed to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity and aims to create a culture and environment where students and staff are treated fairly. The University is an equal opportunities and ‘disability confident’ employer.
The closing date for completed applications is: 16 August 2023
It is expected that interviews will be held in week beginning: 21 August 2023