The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation. We improve health for everyone by funding science, leading policy, and advocacy campaigns, and building partnerships.
We plan to spend £16bn over the next ten years, funding new discoveries in life, health, and wellbeing, and taking on three global health challenges: mental health, infectious disease and climate and health.
These challenges need the bold science we support, but they won’t be solved by science alone.
We are looking for a Funding Information Adviser to join our team.
Where in Wellcome will I be working?
You will be part of the Funding Information Team within the Research Funding department reporting to the Funding Information Manager.
The Funding Information team is the first point of contact for people who have questions about applying for Wellcome funding. Our role is to ensure applicants understand whether they are eligible, what they can apply for and how the process works. We also provide technical support for anyone using our funding systems, including Zendesk and Salesforce. We’re responsible for any training and guidance at Wellcome about funding, as well as managing and building system forms so that people can apply for, and report on, grant funding.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be joining a team comprising six Funding Information Advisers and two Funding Information Administrators. On a typical day you would always spend some time responding to the variety of enquiries sent to our Funding Information Desk. On top of this, you might be building a form in our funding platform so that people can apply for grants. Alternatively, you could be training new starters on how to use our funding systems or develop eLearning to address a gap in people’s knowledge. Our team manages a variety of work to ensure that people can apply for grants and that anyone at Wellcome working on funding has the training and guidance they need to do their role.
As a Funding Information Adviser, you will:
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of grants systems functionality, business processes and grants schemes
- Provide expert advice to internal staff and external grant applicants and award holders relating to grants systems, grant schemes, policies and processes
- Respond to queries within defined operational standards, liaising with, or escalating to, other members of staff as appropriate
- Develop and deliver a suite of detailed training modules (both classroom-based and e-learning); develop bespoke modules as required in response to operational or strategic scheme and policy changes
- Develop and maintain associated training plans and presentations
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation, collaborating across departments.
Is this job for me?
We’re looking for someone who has experience delivering excellent customer service. We need people who can provide clear, correct responses to enquiries and who are able to support funding system users who are having technical difficulties. You should be comfortable developing and delivering training, as well as writing and maintaining comprehensive guidance materials. You won’t be expected to have any prior knowledge of Wellcome Funding or our systems, such as Zendesk and Salesforce. This role is a great opportunity to learn more about these and to enhance your experience of providing high quality support, guidance and training.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience working on a Helpdesk, systems support or other customer related function
- High level computer literacy including knowledge of database management
- Ability to work methodically and well organised
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to explain complex information to a wide variety of audiences
- Good presentation skills
To apply please upload your current CV and complete our short application.
Interview dates: Early-Mid August
You can view the full job description on our website
You can read more about the benefits we offer our employees on our website
Our Hybrid Way of Working
We understand that our colleagues have commitments and personal interests outside of work and we strive to build a flexible working environment, in which people can perform at their best. We are currently working 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) from our Euston Road offices (as part of our hybrid Ways of Working) with the remaining 3 days from home.
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitm! ent processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. Please visit our website for more information on adjustments and accessibility, or contact us at .
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button above