About the team/job
EMBL Grenoble is looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer to join the Crystallographic Information Management System (CRIMS) project.
CRIMS is a web-based laboratory information management system (LIMS) supporting high throughput crystallography and structure-based drug development. It operates at the three crystallography laboratories in EMBL Grenoble, Hamburg and Heidelberg and is distributed to multiple laboratories in academia and the pharma industry sector. CRIMS provides web interfaces that allow scientists over the world design experiments remotely and evaluate the results in real time over the web. It supports automated data capture from laboratory robots and synchrotron facilities providing sample tracking over the whole crystallography workflow.
We are looking for a dynamic and autonomous person, with experience in the development of web-based applications and a capacity to take initiatives to integrate the CRIMS software development Team under the supervision of the Head of the HTX Lab.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you are passionate about technology and will be at the core of our software development Team. You should have demonstrable experience in the development of web based applications. You are sharp and rigorous person with great problem-solving and good interpersonal skills. Your main duties will involve:
- working towards improving and extending CRIMS capabilities and developing new applications in the area of crystallography and structure-based drug design in collaboration with other developers and scientists in the Team and the rest of EMBL.
- You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and upgrading the CRIMS frontend (angular)
- You will contribute to update and develop APIs ensuring communication with laboratory robots and external data resources.
- You will be working with the CRIMS Team in order improve existing functionalities, bug fixing as well as modernizing RESTful APIs and container services.
- Develop integration with other resources at EMBL-EBI and other collaborators worldwide.
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelors or higher degree, or have equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Software development, or related fields. You must have significant experience in the following:
- Microservice architecture.
- Developing and leading RESTful API development (PHP, Laravel,).
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker), and multi container applications (Docker-compose).
- Developing UI with AngularJS.
- Experience with source control and versioning systems (Gitlab, GitHub , …).
- Experience with DBMS, e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good organisational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
You might also have
- Experience microservice architecture.
- Experience with Caching Mechanisms and techniques.
- Experience in the development of scientific software.
- Experience in AI and machine learning.
Why join us
At EMBL you can apply your talent and passion to accelerate science and tackle some of humankind’s greatest challenges. You will have a unique opportunity to develop your career, while working in an international and highly collaborative environment within one of the leading life science research institutions worldwide.
What else you need to know
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
EMBL is a signatory of DORA. Find out how we implement best practices in research assessment in our recruitment processes here.
Please apply online via the apply button.