< img src="https://jobeternal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/financial-accounting-manager.jpg" class="ff-og-image-inserted" > With an earnings for the University approaching ₤ 400m and growing, financial reporting responsibilities both in the UK and the US, and an ambitious 10-year technique, this function provides exceptional capacity for development for a qualified accounting professional.
As part of UAL’s new method, the University intends to double student numbers over the next 10 years. The Financial Accounting Manager will play an essential role in supporting the financing department as the University strives towards its tactical objectives. The function will balance progressing financial reporting and compliance tasks, with ensuring the University’s financial accounting processes are suitabled for the years ahead of us.
This is a varied and amazing function and will require producing timely, appropriate, and dependable financial and management details, and developing and keeping track of financial treatments to satisfy the mandatory reporting requirements for internal and external stakeholders, including the Office for Students, The United States Department of Education, and HMRC. You will also have the chance to enhance your career potential, taking responsibility for supporting our Responsible Investment Group which sits at the core of the University’s social purpose and sustainability agenda.
Secret responsibilities consist of:
- Preparing the University’s Consolidated financial statements and liaising with auditors
- Leading the year end, quarter end and month end programmes of work and liaising with financing staff throughout the University to ensure schedules and processes are followed and changes are made
- Supplying oversight and assistance over technical accounting practices and treatments, keeping up with altering accounting guidance and standards and assisting with the application of these
- Handling the University’s corporation tax position (no previous experience needed)
- Improving and developing processes and procedures and driving efficiency
- Supporting the Responsible Investment Group and reporting on the responsible financial investment of the University’s endowed funds
Why choose us?
We provide highly creative workplace that inspire staff across all locations to fulfil their prospective and continuous training to further establish their abilities and knowledge. We also offer hybrid and versatile working practices, and outstanding personnel advantages to improve your work life balance.
Your tested outstanding technical accounting knowledge of UK financial reporting requirements, tax frameworks may come from any sector, including, higher education, charity, public, accountancy practice, or business organisation. We value the diversity of experience our personnel bring with them, and the finance team consists of gifted individuals from a broad series of professional sectors.
In addition to your technical knowledge, you will be skilled in operating in a fast paced and changing environment, working efficiently with auditors, consultants, and other internal and external stakeholders.
For more details and to apply please click the use button.
Closing date: 24 June 2022 at 17:00.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and trainees to work and find out– a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a series of household friendly, inclusive employment policies, versatile working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We invite candidates from diverse backgrounds, including race, special needs, age, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, religion and belief, marital relationship and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring obligation.