Location: South Kensington Campus
The Executive Assistant to the Vice-Provost (Education and Student Experience) [VPE&SE] and Director of Academic Services [DAS] provides vitally important administrative support to ensure that the VPE&SE’s and DAS’ time and energies are used to best effect. The Executive Assistant works closely with members of the Education Office and Academic Services teams to ensure efficient and timely delivery of support to the VPE&SE and DAS.
The Executive Assistant provides professional, confidential and efficient administration, involving a wide range of varied support, to enable the VPE&SE and DAS to undertake the full range of day-to-day activities efficiently. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring that the offices run smoothly, dealing with correspondence, proactively managing both of the diaries, ensuring effective communication both internally and externally, and organising events.
The post holder also assists the Director of the Education Office and Head of Strategic Projects on ad hoc project support, including institutional and strategic priorities that require a range of communications support and oversight. In addition, the post holder will also be involved with organising volunteers to deliver elements of graduation ceremonies and coordinating various forums, award and recognition schemes, and social events for the Academic Services directorate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for providing a full, pro-active secretarial and administrative service to the VPE&SE and DAS, ensuring that both diaries are feasible and that meetings and events are prioritised correctly, responding to changing circumstances where rescheduling and reorganisation may be necessary.
- Communicating regularly, effectively and in a timely manner with the VPE&SE and DAS to share all relevant information on development / progress on key issues as relevant to the role.
- Liaise with a wide range of external individuals and organisations e.g. government departments, higher education bodies and industry, on the VPE&SE’s DAS’ behalf as required.
- Ensure briefing materials/committee papers are received ahead of meetings and prepare these for the VPE&SE and DAS as required
- Educated to a minimum of A level standard or equivalent and/or professional experience related to the work of this post
- Proven experience as an EA, PA or Diary Secretary at Board level or equivalent, including complex diary and travel arrangements
- High level of proficiency in a range of software packages, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to set, monitor and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable drafting of correspondence and documentation, proof reading and minute taking
- The ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of seniority
Interviews to be held Monday 7 August 2023.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Philip Power (Director of the Education Office and Head of Strategic Projects), [email protected]
The College is currently trialling a Work Location Framework until early 2023. Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder may be expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite, with 40% the minimum time spent onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.