Permanent Full time Vacancy
Location: Craven Street with opportunity for hybrid working and flexible hours
Salary: £31K – £32K per annum depending on experience plus competitive benefits
The College of Optometrists is the professional body for optometry. It qualifies the profession and delivers the guidance and development to ensure optometrists provide the best possible care. We promote excellence through the College’s affixes, by building the evidence base for optometry, and raising awareness of the profession with the public, commissioners, and healthcare professionals.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support the College’s Director of Education and the wider work of the Education directorate.
Your days will be fast-paced and varied. You will support the planning, management and scheduling of meetings and activity, and the production of papers, presentations and other material.
You will contribute to developing, implementing and keeping under review effective procedures to support the Director and directorate’s operational activity and developmental projects. You will take responsibility for discrete work areas, as well as the opportunity to work as part of a team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with excellent organisational skills, an eye for detail, and a flexible approach to responding to changing needs. Experience of working in a similar role is essential. Experience of working in an education environment or a professional or regulatory body would be desirable.
In return, we offer a variety of benefits including a generous pension plan, life assurance and a health care cash plan.
Reporting to the Director of Education, the role holder will be responsible for:
- Diary management, logistical and admistrative support for the Director
- Education committee and panel management including subcommittees to the Board and fellowship appointments
- Support for process and documentation review and service improvement projects
- Stakeholder relationship activities including enquiry handling – in person, electronically and via telephone
- General office duties including minute-taking, data processing and record keeping
Successful candidates would need to demonstrate the following skills, experience and knowledge:
- Experience of diary management
- High levels of competence with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly, prioritising tasks in a fast-paced environment to meet competing deadlines
- The ability to maintain information to a high standard of accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute as a team player with good sense of humour.
A copy of the full job description summarising the key activities can be downloaded from the website. In return, we offer a variety of benefits including a generous pension plan, life assurance and a health care cash plan.
To apply for the position, please click on the apply button.
Application deadline: Tuesday 16 August 2022 at 2pm
Interview date: Wednesday 24 August 2022
Equality and inclusion
The College is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. In support of this we follow a fair recruitment process in which shortlisting and other recruitment decisions are made on the basis of skills, competencies and experience demonstrated in the application and interview process.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require a reasonable adjustment to be made to support your application due to a disability or other condition please let us know.