LSE is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive university
Executive Assistant to Deputy Chief Operating Officer
Salary from £31,029 to £35,635 pa inclusive with potential to progress to £38,283 pa inclusive of London allowance
Due to recent repositioning of responsibilities within the Directorate, we are now able to offer this role to a suitably qualified and experienced candidate. This will give the right person the opportunity to work closely with our Deputy Chief Operating Office at LSE. Working collaboratively with a small team of colleagues in the Directorate, you will deliver the highest standards of professional administrative support, managing the professional agenda and correspondence and meetings of the Deputy Chief Operating Officer (DCOO)
- Ideally have Higher Education experience
- Be highly organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and multi-task.
- Be able to exercise good judgement in relaying important and often highly confidential and sensitive information to various parties
- Have the ability to make decisions and use initiative and to manage tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Have the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels, demonstrating discretion where appropriate.
- Have secretarial and/or administrative experience at a senior level with a particular focus on complex diary management
- Have the ability to draft correspondence and other documents with accuracy, showing good presentational skills and an eye for detail
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
We are committed to fostering a supportive environment for flexibility and happy to consider alternative patterns of work, such as flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours or job-sharing.
Should we receive a high volume of applications prior to the closure date, we reserve the right to close this job offer earlier than the date detailed below.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description and the person specification.
To apply for this post, please go to https://jobs.lse.ac.uk. If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email [email protected].
The closing date for receipt of applications is 19 June 2022 (23.55 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.
Interviews will likely be held on the week of 20th June 2022.