< img src=" https://jobeternal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/events-organiser.jpg" class= "ff-og-image-inserted" > About the team/job We are
looking for to recruit a momentary Events Organiser for a duration of one year (maternity cover).
You will join a small peer group of Events Organisers which forms part of the Training Team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) located at the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
Your primary objective will be to contribute to the smooth running and high standards of EMBL-EBI’s diverse and extremely acclaimed programme of training and industry occasions.
You will be responsible for the administration of events from preliminary principle to post-event conclude.
The key tasks will consist of:
- International liaison with clinical speakers and trainers from invitation stage through to event compensation
- Communications and correspondence with event participants
- Control of expense on designated events, and entrusted obligation for individual event budget plans
- Dealing with customer relationship management databases and other occasions software to handle event registration, reviews, abstracts and other procedures
- Coordination of event logistics including catering, technical, transportation, international travel and accommodation
- Coordination of virtual event logistics including handbooks, video links and interaction channels
- Programming of non-scientific content of events: social and networking arrangement, off-site suppers, and so on
- On-site and virtual coordination/hosting of occasions
- Preparing monetary and statistical reports following occasions and collecting information for funders and partners
To be successful in this function it is likely you will:
- Have been accountable for arranging both in-person and virtual occasions, preferably varying from ten to more than 100 participants, from start to finish.
- Be comfortable planning numerous events simultaneously and will be familiar with the needs of professionals travelling to worldwide events as speakers and delegates
- Be self-motivated specific with exceptional organisational, interaction and social abilities, able to work successfully as a part of a group and keep one’s cool under pressure.
- Have a strong service ethic is a prerequisite and the ability to make delegates feel well cared for is essential.
- Have experience of database entry and management and an excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (specifically Excel and Word), email and internet applications.
- Have excellent written and spoken English language abilities and an ambition to operate in a worldwide environment.
You might likewise have
- There are no formal credentials needed for this role although a diploma or degree in an occasions or company administration related subject would be an asset.
Why join us
Do something meaningful
At EMBL-EBI you can use your skill and passion to speed up science and deal with some of humankind’s biggest challenges. EMBL-EBI, part of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, is a worldwide leader in the storage, analysis and dissemination of large biological datasets. We offer the global research community with access to publicly available databases and tools which are important for the advancement of health care, food security, and biodiversity.
Sign up with a culture of development
We lie on the Wellcome Genome Campus, alongside other prominent research and biotech organisations, and surrounded by lovely Cambridgeshire countryside. This is an extremely collaborative and inclusive neighborhood where our employees enjoy an unwinded atmosphere. We are dedicated to guaranteeing our staff members feel valued, supported and empowered to reach their professional capacity.
Delight in great deals of benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous time off: 30 days annual leave each year, in addition to eight bank holidays
- School life: Free shuttle to and from work, on-site library, subsidised on-site health club and cafeteria, casual dress code, substantial sports and social club activities (on campus and from another location)
What else you require to understand
- Agreement period: This position is a 1 year maternity cover agreement
- Variety and inclusion: At EMBL-EBI, we strongly think that inclusive and diverse groups gain from higher levels of development and imagination. We encourage applications from ladies, LGBTQ+ and people from all nationalities.
- Task area: This function is based in Hinxton, near Cambridge, UK.
- How to use: To use please send a cover letter and a CV through our online system. We aim to offer a response within 2 weeks after the closing date – 13th July 2022.