If you are passionate about events and want to work within a dynamic team, we are looking for a customer-focused and meticulous Event Coordinator to join our team.
King’s College London has five campuses in central London consisting of more than 100 buildings ranging in age from the 1780s to the current day. Many are listed and of great architectural significance. The campuses house a diversity of spaces, including teaching and learning environments, cutting edge research facilities, two chapels, cafes and restaurants, gyms and student residences.
King’s Venues is the event support department for KCL which sits within the Estates and Facilities directorate. King’s Venues’ purpose is to assist faculties, internal departments, students, and external clients to realise their event requirements and ensure a high standard of event delivery through working alongside our in-house service providers.
Working with a diverse client base of both internal and external clients, you will assist in coordinating all aspects of their event including: catering, AV, room set up, security and liaising with service providers across our five campuses to ensure that the event runs smoothly and all aspects are delivered to a first-class standard.
The role will require a high level of communication with a wide-ranging client base and may include frequent events in evenings and weekends that will require you to provide event support, so flexibility is essential.
You will report to one of our Event Managers and will have ad hoc responsibility for part time event assistants who are normally King’s College London students working to support the event delivery function.
The Directorate of Estates & Facilities is committed to embedding and championing Equality, Diversity & Inclusion across all its activities, ensuring that the university fosters the greatest possible sense of belonging among its diverse community. We encourage and welcome applications from across the global community and ensure all appointments are made solely on merit.
This is a full time role.
This role will be offered on an indefinite contract.
- Previous experience of managing events
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Computer literate and able to use standard events software
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems as they occur
- Experience of working in the Higher Education sector
- A Hospitality/Event Management/Tourism degree or equivalent
- Experience of using a virtual online conferencing platform
- Understanding of Health and Safety regulations