Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You will be incorporated in the Life Cycle Sustainability Analysis (LCSA) research group. The group consists of ca. 25 researchers with a broad range of expertise and diverse cultural backgrounds, and united by the common purpose of supporting the sustainability transition. The group develops sustainability metrics and indicators, to assess the environmental and social impacts of products, technologies, territories and policies, for both industrial organisations and policy makers.
How will you contribute?
You have expertise in the development of life cycle impact assessment methods, in particular for toxicity. You have a proven track record in conducting and advancing the LCA methodology in both academic and applied research projects.
You will contribute to (and progressively take ownership and manage) a portfolio of European projects in the field of LCA and SSbD, focusing e.g. on nanomaterials, industrial processes, new (biobased) materials.
- You will be accountable for developing new research projects in this field, by attracting new competitive national and European funding, including co-supervision of PhD students.
- Your daily tasks could include but are not limited to:
- Manage LCA research projects as principal investigator or task leader and be accountable for the realization of deliverables,
- Formulate innovative scientific concepts in the field of LCA
- Actively collaborate with other researchers to promote interdisciplinary activities internally and externally
- Participate in mentoring and training of post-docs and undergraduates/trainees
- Define new research proposals (e.g. Horizon Europe) together with other researchers and/or industrial partners
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Science AND PhD in Life Cycle Assessment is required.
- Ideally, 4-year postdoctoral experience (in research or consulting or industry)
- Proven expertise in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA);
- Excellent knowledge of LCA software
- Previous successful experience in acquiring competitive research funding
- Proven organizational skills and interdisciplinary thinking, a problem-solving mind-set, and a strong team-working capability, but is also able to work in autonomy and creatively
- Flawless knowledge of English (both spoken and written) is required.
- Knowledge of German and/or French and/or Luxembourgish is considered as an asset.
Your LIST benefits
- PERMANENT CONTRACT – 40 HOURS/WEEK
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations in all that we do
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 50 nationalities represented in our workforce
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance
- Flexible working hours, home working policy and access to lunch vouchers