Location: Hammersmith Campus
We are looking for an outstanding candidate for 24 months appointment to the role of Drug Discovery Operations Manager, within the Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism. The Drug Discovery Operations Manager is a key and senior role which requires significant expertise in research management and governance, including the current challenges surrounding translational studies. The postholder will need to demonstrate experience and ability in relationship management both national and international, project management, financial management and engagement with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- To coordinate with Support Services and central Faculty functions to ensure effective management of Drug Discovery & assay service, and to initiate and manage change
- To work with the Head Drug Discovery in a leadership role on the Drug Discovery management team to contribute to the development and implementation of project strategy
- Work with the Head of Drug Discovery, senior colleagues within Imperial Enterprises, senior members of the host Department and Faculty, and external partners to identify and evaluate new technologies which can change the way research is conducted
- Contribute to the negotiation, development, management, monitoring, control, and reporting of budgets for commercial activities, working closely with the Head of Drug Discovery, Department Manager, Faculty Management and appropriate external organisations
- Previous experience in the higher education sector in a similar or related position(s) demonstrating development through involvement in a series of progressively demanding work roles
- Extensive experience of research management at a senior level, including experience in the planning, coordination, budgeting
- Knowledge of current national systems and structures for the funding and support within higher education
- Knowledge of the commercial negotiations
- Proven interpersonal skills to work with clinical and management colleagues at all levels across a range of organisations
This role is fixed term for two years and part time (21 h/w) based at Hammersmith Campus.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Prof Stephen Bloom ([email protected]).
Closing date: 04/09/2023
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference MED04072.