Unicaf (https://www.unicaf.org) is the leading online higher education online platform with students from 156 countries. Unicaf is addressing an underserved part of the Higher Education market through an affordable and flexible learning model.
Unicaf with a physical presence in 12 African countries is expanding throughout Africa through a growing network of Unicaf University campuses and learning centres through which it can service blended and open learning options.
Unicaf is in partnership with UK universities and operates Unicaf University which is a pan-African university. Through its bespoke partnership model, Unicaf aims to be the catalyst in online Education in emerging markets such as sub-Saharan Africa, as online learning constitutes the best means of acquiring access to quality Higher Education.
Unicaf seeks to recruit Doctoral Thesis Supervisors for an online part-time engagement, due to the increased number of PhD students in the area of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervisors/Instructors are expected to:
- Access the online platform (Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)) on a regular basis (4 times per week). It is therefore not expected to be located at the premises of any partner university
- Supervise students’ dissertation theses related to their own area of expertise
- Teach doctoral modules related to research methods and current issues in research, when deemed necessary
- Maintain regular contact with students via e-mail and/or the online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) platform
- Monitor students’ progress and provide constructive feedback and criticism on their work in a timely manner
- A Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD), or a Doctorate in Education (EdD) is essential
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of MA/Ph.D. theses
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in online teaching will be considered an advantage
Applicants should apply by sending their CVs to: [email protected].
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.