The UCL Medical School provides high quality services to staff and students in a professional environment. Individual contributions are valued and the roles demand a high level of professionalism and personal commitment from all members of the team at all times.
The post-holder will demonstrate a flexible approach, capable of responding to changing priorities and providing support across the different areas as needed to meet deadlines.
The post requires close liaison with all Divisional staff, academic staff, NHS and Primary Care Trust staff, external partners, and departmental administrative staff whom are involved in all aspects of the division.
The post holder will work mainly at the Bloomsbury sites, but may be required to attend other UCL sites as required.
About the role
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day staffing and finance administration for the Division. They will act as the first point of contact for queries, and adhere to HR and Finance policies and procedures.
The Staffing element of the role will include (but not be limited to) tasks such as: recruitment administration, right to work checks, submitting one-off worker payments, assisting the Staffing Manager with new starter inductions and monitoring probation/appraisal records.
The Finance part of the role will include (but not be limited to) tasks such as: raising purchase orders and invoices, assisting staff with expense claims, investigating invoice discrepancies with Accounts Payable and Suppliers and generating reports via UCL’s Finance system.
- The post is Grade 6, the annual salary for which ranges from £33,259 – £38,466 (including London Allowance).
The post holder will have a good general education to GCSE/A levels, NVQ Level I/II Administration, or equivalent or having acquired substantial relevant experience. As well as experience of dealing with staffing and finance administration.
The post holder will have excellent organisational ability, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
The post holder will also have strong numeracy, analysis and problem solving skills, alongside strong oral and written communication skills.
- A full job description and person specification can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button above.
- The advert will close on 19/11/2023 at 23:59 GMT
- Interviews will be held in November – December 2023.
- To apply, please copy and paste the criteria from the person specification/job description (pages 3 and 4) into your application form. Underneath each criteria please explain how you meet it, giving examples.
- If you need reasonable adjustments or a more accessible format to apply for this job online or have any queries about the application process, please contact UCLMS Recruitment Team (details on the webpage).