We are seeking to appoint an experienced Disability and Dyslexia Advisor to join our Wellbeing Service, which is part of The Student Experience Directorate.
Successful candidates are expected to hold a degree or recognized equivalent qualification in a relevant field e.g. special educational needs teaching, disability or healthcare.
With significant experience and strong working knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. The Equality Act 2010, you will work proactively to help reduce any barriers to learning which students may encounter in HE learning.
Role holders must also have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong positive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues within the wellbeing team, and key staff across the university.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS), satisfactory employment references, identification, and qualifications will need to be provided prior to commencing duties to establish the suitability of the candidate.
- Ability to work methodically, calmly and sensitively in all situations
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to use initiative and support colleagues when responding to complex student situations
- Ability to be innovative and use judgement to ensure the needs of students are met
- Ability to reflect on situations and respond appropriately
- Dependability, reliability and consistent ability to produce high quality, accurate work, requiring close attention to detail
Please send your CV and covering letter via the ‘Apply‘ button above.