Salary: £59,582 – £68,210 per annum (All appointments will normally be made at the bottom of the salary range)
Imperial College Business School’s vision is to be a globally excellent business school that ranks among the best in the world. The Edtech Lab plays a critically important role in achieving this vision by building new capabilities in online degree delivery, identifying new market opportunities, developing innovative new programmes and learning approaches, influencing industry practice and designing processes and policies that can be leveraged across College. This is an area of competitive advantage for the College, building on the knowledge, investment and capabilities of learning technology already on campus.
The purpose of this post is to lead the Precision Education team and data and analytics strategy within the Edtech Lab, developing a pioneering learning analytics platform for the Business School.
You will lead an agile team of specialists building advanced data driven solutions, investigating areas such as AI and machine learning for personalised learning. You will develop the product roadmap and embed best practices and innovation delivering analytics, insights and visualisations for educational and research purposes. You will evaluate the success of these projects across the Business School and wider community.
You will partner with senior stakeholders to scope, develop and deliver new innovative approaches to learning analytics throughout all aspects of the student lifecycle. You will lead your team in developing new ways of working with data to meet the strategic aims of the School, understanding the business implications and supporting decisions with data-based insights.
You will share and present findings at conferences to showcase and promote Precision Education and the work of the Edtech Lab and contribute to and advance the field of data and analytics within Business Education.
The post supports the larger objectives of the Edtech Lab and the college-wide initiatives to deliver an improved student experience. The post holder will play a particularly significant role in supporting the School’s strategic objective to be the globally recognised business school that is the fusion of business and technology.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead a high-performing and collaborative team to deliver an enhanced data analytics platform for the School, providing guidance and defining and developing the most appropriate and effective solutions.
- Identify market changes, new opportunities and new areas of development. Provide feedback regarding competitive offerings and generate product development ideas.
- Work in strategic partnership with key senior leaders to shape the value proposition for commercial projects.
- Contribute to the development of Business School strategy and policy in the area of learning analytics.
- Monitor shifts in the broader education and technology landscape and ensure that relevant changes are fed into the formation of the wider College strategy with regards to the use of data and analytics within teaching, learning and assessment.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with academic staff and stakeholders within the Business School to provide leadership and promote innovation around new technologies, supporting key decision makers on the adoption of educational technology.
- Lead on scoping and initiation for data and analytics projects, effectively articulating concepts from early stage through to detailed design and robust delivery plans.
- Provide expert guidance on choice of approaches and methodologies, implementing best practices around Information Governance and Ethics.
- Add to the expertise base of the Edtech Lab through innovation and evolving our approaches across data and analytics.
- Educated to postgraduate degree level (or equivalent), in Computer Science, Information systems or other related disciplines.
- Proven experience in a similar role, within a relevant teaching and learning environment
- A track record of excellent stakeholder engagement, team management and talent development
- Clear knowledge of contemporary best practice and the leading trends in learning analytics.
- Strong professional skills in the project management of complex projects relating to data and analytics.
- The ability to think, pivot and deliver quickly when required, responding to emerging / changing opportunities and challenges calmly and effectively
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) with a meticulous attention to detail.
Candidates are required to complete an online application. CVs only will not be considered.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact [email protected]
To apply visit: www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search for BUS00495.
Closing date: 28 July 2022