The Diploma in Professional Studies is an optional one-year diploma for students offered as part of their BA studies in either BA (Hons) Fashion or BA (Hons) Fashion Communication.
This DPS year allows students to undertake a range of work placements relating to their professional aspirations relevant to BA (Hons) Fashion or BA (Hons) Fashion Communication. The candidate will run the Diploma and support students through the process of identifying possible work placements, applying, and undertaking them. They will also critically engage and support students who will need to evidence and reflect on their experience. The DPS Coordinator will liaise with other academics on the courses to ensure that students manage the transition between their BA studies and the Diploma successfully.
We are looking for a highly skilled and enthusiastic individual that wants to join us and have the opportunity to work, share and exchange knowledge within a dynamic and creative Arts and Design environment. You will need to have confidence in communicating to a range of audiences such as; students, employers, academic and admin teams within the Fashion Programme and College.
We also welcome job share applications on a part time basis (e.g. 2 x 0.5FTE).
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London is the world’s second University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings® 2021. Our diverse and talented community comprises over 5,000 academic, professional, and technical staff. Together we are committed to social purpose. This includes creating a better a more sustainable world and championing race equality.
We offer highly creative working environments that inspire staff across all areas to fulfil their potential and continuous training to further develop their skills and expertise. We also offer hybrid and flexible working practices, and excellent staff benefits to improve your work life balance.
Requirements of the role:
- Undergraduate degree in Fashion / Fashion Communication or associated subject
- Experience of teaching & assessment in a higher education environment (permanent, fractional, or hourly paid contract)
- Collaborates and works effectively within a team and across different professional groups
- Works effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people
- Fosters inclusive and constructive team work and problem-solving
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice that contributes to the advancement of Fashion / Fashion Communication activity and is relevant to the goals of the Programme, College and University
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve objectives
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 9 June 2022 at 12:00.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.