Location: South Kensington campus and remote, with some travel to other campuses as required
We are looking for an experienced digital education specialist to lead a team of learning designers and learning technologists supporting the design, development and delivery of Faculty of Medicine’s blended on-campus programmes. You will provide line management to the blended on-campus workstream within the Digital Education Office, and contribute your professional experience in learning design, learning technologies and/or digital education to the projects and programmes supported by the workstream.
You will work collaboratively within the Digital Education Office and alongside the leadership and academic staff at the Faculty of Medicine to identify, evaluate and prioritise digital learning needs and requirements from digital pedagogy perspective, deliver high quality innovative blended experiences for students, and facilitate the best pedagogical uses of the Faculty’s digital platforms, systems and tools.
The post supports the wider objectives of the Faculty to develop excellence in delivering innovative education and improving the student experience for blended on-campus programmes. The postholder will contribute to shaping and delivering the Digital Education Strategy for the Faculty of Medicine and help us create world-class training and education for future doctors and biomedical scientists.
Duties & responsibilities
- You will lead on identification, design and development of digital projects for blended on-campus programmes in the Faculty of Medicine by working closely with academic subject matter specialists and other stakeholders.
- You will champion the adoption of digital pedagogies and solutions and work with members of the workstream to disseminate best practice in digital education among your stakeholders.
- You will design and develop engaging, interactive, accessible and instructionally sound digital learning resources to improve the student learning experience by applying tested learning design theories, practices and methods and following inclusivity requirements.
- You will support academic staff with the delivery of blended on-campus content where appropriate, including advising on evaluation of the effectiveness of digital learning solutions.
- For more key responsibilities and details of the post please see the Job Description.
- Educated to a degree level, with demonstratable experience in learning design and/or digital pedagogy
- Experience of leading or managing complex digital education projects
- Significant experience of working with academic staff to coordinate and oversee the planning, design, development, testing and evaluation of digital resources as core part of a programme of study
- Practical experience of learning design within higher education
- Extensive knowledge of active learning pedagogies and approaches to effective learning, teaching, including blended and online contexts
- Demonstratable interest and enthusiasm for the use of technology in education
- Excellent knowledge of current trends in digital learning technologies
- Knowledge of legal issues relating to systems including accessibility and usability issues
This is a Full Time and Open-ended role based at the South Kensington Campus.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Dr Agata Sadza via [email protected]
If you require any technical assistance, please contact [email protected] for further information.