Location: South Kensington Campus
Can you help us build a cleaner, greener, fairer future for all? We are looking for a motivated mid-level digital communications or marketing professional to join the Communications Team at the Grantham Institute, Imperial College London’s hub for climate change and the environment, and one of its Global Challenge Institutes.
You will work with our researchers and students to create attention-grabbing digital content, influencing debate and helping to communicate positive narratives for action to tackle the climate and biodiversity crises. You will help to craft and deliver communications campaigns that engage diverse audiences with our objectives, working with the Communications Manager, Director of Policy and Translation and other members of the team.
It is an exciting time to be working in climate change and environmental communications, as these issues are rarely out of the headlines, and there is a need to support governments and big businesses in turning public pressure into commitments and action, and the potential to change the future, for the better.
Grantham Institute is a supportive and considerate community and open to different ways of working. We want to remove the barriers that some applicants face, so you are invited to discuss the role with us informally to find out if it’s for you, and if you are unsure how to approach your application before you submit it, please contact us for assistance. Any candidates who declare a disability and meet the Essential Criteria will be invited to interview.
Duties and responsibilities
- Draft editorial content for digital, social and media publication based on your knowledge of climate change, environmental challenges and solutions.
- Lead the development and delivery of a communications campaign that supports one of the directorates (topic TBD in discussion with director and Communications Manager).
- Maintain and develop the Institute’s website using the T4 Content Management System to showcase the Institute and the latest work by affiliated staff and students, including integrating a web brand refresh as part of the wider Imperial College London rebranding project (led by Imperial’s central Communications team).
- Maintain and develop the Institute’s social media channels to engage audiences with topical issues and latest work by affiliated staff and students.
- Create engaging digital content that works for multiple platforms and publications, including infographics, video and audio, interactive tools.
- Degree or relevant vocational experience in digital communications, marketing, media, etc.
- Experience planning and delivering of a wide range of digital communications projects, campaigns or marketing.
- Experience developing and delivering digital engagement or communication strategies.
- Experience reporting on audience engagement for websites and digital channels.
- Solid understanding of climate change and current environmental issues, and current issues relevant to delivering positive solutions.
This is a full time, fixed term position until 20 December 2024, covering a Maternity Leave. You will be based at South Kensington Campus.
If you are thinking about applying for this job and want to discuss it further, please contact Grantham Institute Communications Manager Simon Levey [email protected]
Want help submitting your application? Please visit the Grantham Institute’s Tips on how to submit a successful application.
Find out more about the Community and Culture at the Grantham Institute.
Should you have any queries about the application process, please contact Gosia Gayer, [email protected].