The British Institute at Ankara (BIAA) is seeking to appoint a part time Development and Communications Assistant for 1.5 days (10.5 hours) per week.
The appointed person will be responsible for supporting the BIAA’s communications and development activities, undertaking tasks including:
– Drafting news articles, event descriptions and other content for the BIAA website;
– Creating relevant and targeted content for the BIAA’s email and social media channels (Facebook, X, Instagram, LinkedIn);
– Liaising with Fellows, grant-holders and staff in Ankara to identify and generate suitable material for BIAA communications;
– Assisting with the BIAA’s London, virtual and hybrid events;
– Identifying and engaging with appropriate institutions and individuals to promote BIAA activities, events and opportunities;
– Other duties as directed by the BIAA Senior Development Manager.
Hours can be worked flexibly, by agreement with the BIAA Senior Development Manager, to fit around study and other commitments. The appointee will mostly work from home, but will be required to attend ad hoc meetings, training and events in central London.
The appointee will have a strong command of both spoken and written English, as well as a confident manner and the ability to build relationships with academics, colleagues and other stakeholders. They will have a good working knowledge of MS Office packages, social media platforms and ideally website content management systems. An interest in the history, culture and/or archaeology of Turkey would be an asset, and this position would suit a postgraduate student in one of these fields.
Salary: £23,500 per annum pro rata.
Pension: The Institute offers membership of the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS); details of the scheme are available on request.
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV, along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via the ‘Apply‘ button above by Sunday 1st October.