The Cancer Research UK & King’s College London Cancer Prevention Trials Unit (CPTU) specialises in research to advance cancer prevention, early diagnosis and screening.
We perform research on efficacy, cost-effectiveness and technologies to improve existing and establish new screening programmes.
Our portfolio of both secondary (hospital) and primary (community) care trials includes:
- Multi-centre international randomised controlled trials of medicinal prevention of cancer often using drug re-purposing
- Pragmatic trials of screening and diagnostic interventions
- Trials of behavioural interventions in cancer prevention and screening
- Trials of diagnostic/screening devices
About the role:
We are looking for enthusiastic clinical trials administrator to join the CPTU team to contribute to the coordination and operational delivery for a ground-breaking cancer screening study.
A clinical trial administrator will be recruited to support the administration and coordination of the NHS-Galleri multi-cancer early detection project. Over 1,000,000 people across England have been invited to receive a novel CE-marked, blood test for the presence of over 50 cancers. The study aims to recruit 140,000 participants and the recruitment period is due to close in the Summer of 2022. Participants that have enrolled into the trial will be followed up on a yearly basis for a further two years. You will support a broad range of trial coordination and administration activities to successfully underpin the project.
You will have a strong interest in clinical trials research, and experience of working in a similar role. You will have excellent organisational, planning, interpersonal and IT skills. You will be adept at working flexibly and be able to work effectively as part of a team or independently. You will ideally have knowledge of clinical trial regulations, GCP and research governance standards.
The administrator post will collectively with work within the CTA team to provide operational support across the project. Tasks will be delegated and will include:
- Keeping the electronic TMF up to date in response to changes in the protocol or regulations and ensure that the study is run in compliance with the protocol, ICH GCP and all applicable regulations.
- Acting as first point of contact for the trial vendors and data providers, GP practice staff, participants and the study sponsor, responding efficiently and politely to telephone and email enquiries, seeking advice or forwarding them to other members of the study team.
- Providing regular feedback to the trial team about the progress of invitations, recruitment and enrolment.
- Supporting the continued management of recruiting sites and ensure their trial documentation is up to date.
- Supporting the general administrative tasks associated with running a busy research project including organising and minuting team meetings.
You will report to and be supervised by the Trial Manager or Project Manager.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract / a fixed-term contract for X years/months
This is a full-time / part-time post – XX% full time equivalent