The Hertie School in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The school offers master’s programmes, executive education and doctoral programmes, distinguished by interdisciplinary and practice-oriented teaching, as well as outstanding research. Its extensive international network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, characterised by public debate and engagement. The school was founded in 2003 by the Hertie Foundation, which remains its major funder. The Hertie School is accredited by the state and the German Science Council.
We seek to fill the following position:
Centre Manager – Jacques Delors Centre (f/m/div)
on a full-time basis (40 hours per week).
The contract shall commence as soon as possible and is initially limited for two years with the possibilty of a permanent contract afterwards.
The Jacques Delors Centre is one of our five Centres of Competence, bringing together rigorous academic research, policy advising and think tank work.
- Administrative management of the Centre led by the Centre Directorate
- Coordination with other departments of the Hertie School, including the implementation of relevant interfaces and processes with the central departments of the Hertie School
- Supporting the Centre Directorate in the development of the Centre, in particular in the recruitment and personnel management of staff, the set-up of the technical infrastructure and administrative workflows, and research
- Supporting the acquisition and management of grants and other fundraising activities
- Coordinating the Centre’s communication (website and social media presence) and events, in cooperation with the Communications department
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated organizational problem-solving skills, highly structured work approach
- Relevant professional experience in the section of higher education / research and ideally in an international environment; experiences with the management of third party funds a plus; first experiences in a (lateral) leading position
- Previous experience with EU topics is an asset
- Self-confident, reliable, efficient and cooperative
- High proficiency with standard software applications and database management
- Excellent oral communication in German and English and outstanding interpersonal skills; French is an asset
- A stimulating international working environment and a challenging variety of tasks
- Flexible working hours within the framework of the legal requirements
- 30 days paid holiday per year
- Training opportunities
- Job ticket for public transport
- Roof terrace for common team breaks
Please submit your application (including a CV, a cover letter outlining your motivation and fit for the position, and relevant certificates/references) by using the apply button. The deadline for full consideration is 04 September 2022.
Please contact Prof. Dr. Markus Jachtenfuchs, Professor of European and Global Governance | Co-Director – Jacques Delors Centre, for further information about the position.