The newly established London NIHR RSS Centre: Applying Methodological Innovation in Health and Social Care Research, will unite the expertise of four leading London Universities with an outstanding record in designing and delivering research (Imperial College London, University College London, Queen Mary University London and Kings College London). Based at Imperial College London, the Centre will deliver excellence in research support across the country by working with applicants to develop high-quality studies, and subsequently provide advice to successful applicants to support delivery of their projects to target and on time.
The NIHR RSS Central Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of all NIHR RSS hub activities and outputs across the four London universities. You will work with the NIHR RSS London Operational Director to develop new administration processes that create an efficient, supportive, and collaborative environment for NIHR RSS staff and service users nationwide. This will include a wide range of activities such as organising events and meetings, budget management, website editing, working on reports and presentations, monitoring the researcher portal and providing support to the RSS Directors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead on the development and implementation of administrative systems to support NIHR RSS team working across the College and partner institutions.
- Establish and maintain effective cross-site working practices across partner institutions.
- Organise large scale training events as well as internal and external meetings.
- Act as main point of contact for the Hub, providing advice and guidance to applicants and collaborators.
- Contribute to the management of the RSS budget.
- Monitoring the RSS website and application portal.
You will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Degree level education or equivalent work experience, with experience of working in a higher education, NHS or research environment.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills to deliver a high quality administrative service across a complex organisation.
- ICT skills to extract database reports, edit websites and run webinars and virtual meetings.
- Financial and project management skills
- Ability to draft reports and presentations
This post is full-time and fixed term until 30 September 2028 in the first instance with the intention to extend subject to funding renewal. will be based at Stadium House, Wood Lane, close to Wood Lane and White City tube stations.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Lauren Noto, Department Manager, [email protected]
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference MED04196.
The College is currently trialling a Work Location Framework until early 2023. Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder may be expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite, with 40% the minimum time spent onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.