Location: Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design, London
Reports To: Head of Career & Stakeholder Engagement
The Careers & Student Administration Coordinator role plays an integral part in the Careers and Student Support Services at the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design. They will provide the administrative support for work placements and support the Head of Careers & Stakeholder Engagement in growing the careers offering to our current students and alumni. They will support the Director of Operations in registry administration and deal with administrative student requests.
Careers & Work Placements
- Manage all administration related to student work placements. This includes ensuring all the correct paperwork is received from the students and the employer; ensure the placement is set-up properly between CNC and the employer; monitor the progress of the placement and inform the Head of Careers of any issues.
- Manage and update the work placement modules and other related pages on Canvas
- Coordinate / Support Careers & Work Placement focused delivery for current students and alumni
- Once developed, update an internal job / work placement / careers portal / database with new opportunities
- Collect and record accurate data on alumni (Graduate Destination Data for Office for Students once registered with them)
- Employer engagement: contact and correspond with employers to support new opportunities and relationships
- Maintain a database of placement/internship providers with suitable opportunities in the fashion and related lifestyle industries
- Support the Head of Careers & Stakeholder Engagement in events such as Open Days, alumni events, networking events and career panels.
- Gather original qualification documents for BA and MA students, at the beginning of each course.
- Administration of letters for students (council tax, bank letters, etc.).
- Prepare progression letters for BA and MA programmes
- Prepare course completion certificates for short courses (5 days, Vogue Teen Festival and online courses).
- Support Student Oyster dCard applications
Maintaining Systems and Records
- Implementing and updating systems within the department to ensure smooth running of administration for both academic staff and students.
- Keeping attendance records for each teaching session in line with regulations.
- Process any invoices, overtime and staff billing related to College events
- Support all departments on graduate exhibitions, graduation, open days etc.
- Maintain content for CNC Hive
- Handle the administration of organising the annual student trip to New York
Front of House
- Cover the reception desk. Which includes welcoming all visitors and dealing with any queries they may have.
- Manage access of employees, students and visitors (maintain security awareness).
- Sign for incoming mail and distribute accordingly
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate to, and work with, international students and alumni
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with employers and external partners
- Confidence in public speaking/presentation skills
- Administration skills, including MS Office
- Proven use of a variety of digital platforms, databases and IT software
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience of working within an education setting
- Experience of working in a careers environment
Please submit your CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the person specification via the ‘Apply‘ button above. Please state where you have seen this role advertised.
- Salary dependent on skills, qualifications and experience: £28,000 – £31,000 per annum.
- Benefits include 25 days annual leave, pro-rata, plus up to 4 days additional discretionary leave during the Christmas period, life insurance and 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Closing date is 13 August 2023. Please note that applications may be shortlisted on submission and we reserve the right to close the post early.