Hours: 22.5 hours per week on campus over 52 weeks OR a 30 week term time contract can also be considered*
Salary: up to £16,200 per annum (this is a pro rata amount of up to £27,000 full time equivalent)**
Are you passionate about supporting undergraduate students with their future careers?
Do you want to join a growing University College that has achieved 3rd in the UK for student employability and where 100% of students achieve employment or go on to further study?
Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who is interested in developing or continuing a career in either Higher Education or Careers and we welcome applications from career changers. You may have had a role in Education and looking to move into Higher Education or looking to move into the sector from a more commercial background.
You will be joining a small and friendly team that is devoted in helping students achieve their career ambitions
The main focus of the role includes:
- Develop, update and create career resources and tools that are relevant and appropriate for the banking and finance sector
- Organise and manage career events, fairs, workshops, and other activities to support the career development of our students
- Manage and promote job postings, ensuring that they are relevant, up-to-date, and suitable for our students
- Administer and maintain the online careers centre and keep the information and guidance resources up-to-date
- Develop and create marketing materials to promote careers information services
- Research, analyse and present labour market information to support career decisions
- Create written and digital resources that offer career advice, guidance and information to students
- Administering year in industry students, including providing information on placement availability and maintaining records
Please see JD for full list of duties here
You’ll need to have a passion for helping students succeed and have superb communication skills as well as the confidence to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities. Finally, we are looking for someone who has an interest in Banking and Financial Services.
You need to be confident at working across all levels in an organisation and with different stakeholders.
* This role is 22.5 hours per week, over 52 weeks and we can offer flexibility on when hours can be performed over the week. A 30 week term time contract can also be considered at 22.5 – 24 hours per week. Please note, due to the student facing nature of this role, there is an expectation to be on campus (Monument area) and therefore remote working would only be available by exception.
**The salary on a 30 week term time contract will be up to £9,346 – £9,969 per annum based on 22.5 – 24 hours per week and dependent on experience (this is a pro rata amount of up to £27,000 full time equivalent).
To apply please submit your CV with a covering letter via the ‘Apply‘ button above. CVs without a cover letter won’t be considered.
Depending on number of CVs we receive; we may close the advert early. Due to the high volumes we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applicants who are unsuccessful.
Closing date: 21 September 2023