Are you passionate about education and empowering young minds? Are you ready to take on an exciting opportunity with a leading institution in the education sector? Look no further!
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Westminster Kingsway College for a Careers and Employability Adviser to join our Award-winning Careers and Employability Service.
About the role:
You will help develop and deliver a range of Careers Guidance, HE/UCAS and Employability/Events activities for young people and adults wishing to enter all fields of education, training and employment in line with internal quality standards, Gatsby Benchmarks, Matrix and OFSTED requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide career & employability guidance to students through all affective routes (e.g. 1:1 face-to-face individual interviews, group working, e-communication, employability/enterprise)
- To deliver Career Guidance accordance with College Careers Policy, the CDI (including code of ethics) and other professional standards
- To contribute to the development and delivery of a programme of careers & employability events and workshops
- Assisting with Full UCAS cycle and managing a cohort of students progressing into HE
- To work in partnership with the wider Student Service team to help students progress
- To support the promotion of the careers and employability service
- You will have significant proven experience of providing Careers Education and 1:1 Guidance, including delivering UCAS/HE advice and Employability Programmes
- You will have developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications are a must.
- You must have a passion for supporting students to ensure that they have access to all the support and guidance that they need to be able to be successful within their education, and beyond.
- Demonstrate model behaviours that, at all times, are consistent with an open, inclusive and participative style
- Be proactive in identifying and pursuing opportunities that are appropriate to maintaining his/her continued professional development
- Demonstrate a commitment to the development and practice of equal opportunities in every aspect of the life of the College
- Abide by the College’s data protection policy
Qualifications and Skills:
- Preferably you will have a Level 6/Level 7 Careers Guidance Qualification (e.g. Diploma in Careers Guidance) or NVQ Level 3 or 4 in IAG with the ability to train to Level 6 in Career Guidance
- Proven experience in coordinating and managing events or similar projects.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- A passion for education and a commitment to fostering a positive learning environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other relevant software applications.
Westminster Kingsway College is a prestigious institution nestled in the vibrant heart of London. With a rich heritage spanning over a century, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional education and nurturing the talents of our diverse student community. We are renowned for our commitment to excellence and innovation, preparing students for successful careers in the ever-evolving business landscape.
Our employees benefit from:
- A generous annual leave package, in addition to bank holidays, and time off between Christmas and New Year.
- We are part of the defined benefit Local Government Pension Scheme, which means the pension you get is based on how long you have been a member of the scheme and how much you earn.
- We offer our employees access to LifeWorks, a discount portal providing our people with support and resources for their lives and wellbeing.
- We are part of Cycle scheme, the UK’s most popular cycle-to-work benefit,
- We offer interest-free season ticket loans to staff, enabling them to benefit from the savings of holding an annual Travelcard.
- All staff members are eligible for a free annual eye health check-up, and a contribution towards spectacles. We also offer staff members an optional annual flu vaccination and provide access to occupational health.
Closing date: 30th July 2023
Interview Date: TBC