The Campus Operations Manager supports the Campus Director (UK) in the development and delivery of the London Met International College non-academic operations and provides the essential liaison role for the College with the ECA Group central services functions as well as UK partner universities (e.g. London Metropolitan University). The position requires a holistic understanding of the ECA Group’s and the International College management and operations, as well as the policies and procedures that guide the management of recruitment, admissions, finance and infrastructure. This role requires full understanding of HE policies and guidelines as they relate to student recruitment, marketing, admissions, enrolments, course requirements and support services as they relate to international and home students in the UK setting. The position is open to self-driven, organised and adaptable candidates that are strong team players with excellent communication and project management skills.
- Lead London Met International College operations in the achievement of accountabilities and deliverables within prescribed budget parameters and ensure continuous improvement practices.
- Develop and sustain positive working relationships with senior ECA central services staff and oversee those managers/staff allocated to Higher Education for the following functions: student recruitment, marketing, admissions, finance and IT/infrastructure.
- Chair regular operations meetings.
- Direct and oversee, and manage the hiring, development, management, and evaluation of relevant non-academic staff.
- Provide expert advice and contribute to policy and process development, review, and improvement for student recruitment and admissions.
- Ensure implementation of governance and accountability frameworks relevant to HE Operations to ensure full regulatory compliance.
- Manage, monitor and report regularly on prescribed reporting requirements.
- Represent the College on committees and other events and activities as required.
- Work strategically and collaboratively with ECA and Campus Director to ensure the provision of quality operations.
- Senior level representation of ECA and the College externally and internally, including membership of the College leadership team, providing reports, plans and recommendations as appropriate and playing a lead role in shaping the future success of the International College through expert inputs to ongoing ECA operations development and planning.
- Manage accountabilities and deliverables within prescribed budget parameters.
- In conjunction with the ECA HR, develop and implement KPIs for operational staff focused on supporting agents’ performance, admissions process and marketing activities.
- Degree holder, together with extensive experience at a senior operations level in a higher education environment.
- Proven competency in HE campus operations
- High level knowledge of industry requirements in the higher education setting including OfS and QAA
- Proven high level leadership and management experience and ability, including strong written and oral communication skills; consultation, negotiation and conflict management skills; highly effective decision-making and problem-solving skills; resource management skills; and strategic thinking, management and planning skills.
- Proven commercial acumen in a relevant educational context.
- Understanding of Higher Education student administration practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high-quality student lifecycle experience from recruitment to progression.
- Knowledge of the higher education sector in the UK and its relation to the international higher education context.
- Demonstrable ability to lead, inspire and manage diverse teams and build capacity to provide quality educational offerings to international students with strong student outcomes.
- Exemplary personal qualities of integrity, tact, commitment and judgement.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying quality assurance and continuous improvement practices to all aspects of the role.