Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world’s leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Casual Test Administrator to join our team at L-5, 31 Macquarie Street, Parramatta, NSW.
Your Health, Safety & Well being during COVID-19 As a responsible employer, at Pearson VUE we take the health, safety and well being of our colleagues and test-taking candidates very seriously. At our company-owned test centers, we are following recommendations from the CDC and the World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting test candidates and our staff. Per the recommendations from global health organizations, we are implementing a strict cleaning regimen which includes providing hand sanitizer to test-taking candidates upon entering the test center and sanitizing the surface and equipment of each workstation after the end of every appointment. Any equipment used during the check-in process is also sanitized after every use. We are also implementing social distancing guidelines, which suggest 6 feet of space between individuals. Test centers may need to limit workstation availability to ensure that a safe distance can be maintained between candidates. We will continue to:
Make hand sanitizer available in the waiting area and prior to entering the testing room.
Increase our cleaning and disinfecting regimens in between all testing appointments.
Provide tissues to candidates upon arrival and permit candidates to wear a mask or disposable gloves if they choose.
Remind candidates to wash their hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival at the test center.
Provide masks and hand sanitizer to Test Center staff.
The Test Administrator position is responsible for providing a secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable friendly environment.
In this position, you will be required to:
● Comply with all testing procedures and strictly adhere to company policies using careful judgment.
● Check in testing candidates, verify identification, and explain the exam process.
● Proctor / invigilate candidates while testing.
● Troubleshoot with internal departments to fix technical issues.
● Complete light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming the floors and sanitizing keyboards after each candidate has finished their examination Schedule.
Requirements: Our ideal candidate demonstrates teamwork, with the availability to work a variety of shifts any day – Monday through Sunday – between the hours of 7am and 11pm at an hourly rate of $32.68. Candidate must be open to flexible scheduling. This is strictly a Casual position and will remain as such, 10 hours per week, with an expectation to work more hours if needed. Schedules are available at least 2 weeks in advance .
● High school diploma or equivalent is required.
● Minimum of 1 year customer service experience is preferred.
● Experience proctoring or invigilating exams is highly preferred.
● Must be flexible in work hours and days.
● Beginner to intermediate experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time and also escort candidates to and from testing room. Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 20 lbs with reasonable accommodation.
● Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment, hear soft voices and see details from a distance.
Job: TESTING CENTER
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 10048