We have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Lecturer A in Statistics to deliver the module Probability Models on Wednesdays during the Autumn Term.
You will have a sound knowledge of foundational probability and statistics, and be capable of delivering such material, as a first introduction, to an undergraduate audience, with appropriate exposition using R/R Studio (Posit).
Further to the person specification, essential requirements for this role are:
- a good degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Statistical Data Science, Econometrics, or related;
- experience of (or willingness to develop) a wide range of teaching and assessment methods;
- experience in the use of R/R Studio (Posit);
- demonstrably effective communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, across a range of relevant contexts and platforms;
- a working knowledge of IT including Latex, Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, and experience of (or willingness to use) Moodle;
- willingness to engage within a blended learning environment (with elements of both in-person teaching and the use of recorded materials);
- ability to work both as part of a team and independently as appropriate;
- willingness to engage in reflective practice.
Please note: You will need to demonstrate competence or significant potential in all areas.
- a postgraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Statistical Data Science, Econometrics, or related;
- relevant teaching experience, working with adult students within the HE sector;
- a good understanding of the needs of part-time adult learners and be able to relate well to their individual needs and engage their interest and enthusiasm.
This is a £66.70 role.
If you would like to know more about the role please click on apply below or contact Tara Orlanes-Angelopoulou [email protected].
If you have technical issues or difficulties using the recruitment portal please contact [email protected], providing your name and the job reference number of the position.
While we are happy to respond to all informal enquiries, only formal applications through the online system will be considered.