About LD Training
LD Training Services Limited (LDT) works in collaborative partnership with Leeds Trinity University and the University of Suffolk. We have fully equipped campuses situated in Stanmore (Head Office) Dudley, and Nottingham. LDT currently delivers a range of Business, Accountancy and Management degree courses, with Foundation Year, in addition to IFA recognised Accountancy qualifications.
For more details please visit: – https://ldtraining.ac.uk
The key responsibilities of the position of Associate Dean include:
- Providing effective day-to-day operational leadership for the faculty and the academic delivery of all the courses in the campus for which the Associate Dean has lead responsibility.
- Contributing pro-actively to the ongoing strategic direction of the organization through membership of the HE Strategic Leadership Team.
- Ensuring that the LD Training Strategy for Teaching & Learning is effectively implemented and properly developed reflective of ongoing experience.
- Ensuring that academic standards are met and enhanced through the assessment process.
- Working assiduously to meet the expectations of the organization and its collaborative University partners as to student attendance, student retention and progression.
- Establishing an effective rapport with the company’s University partners and being usually the first point of contact for their College Liaison Tutors/ Link Tutors in particular.
- Assisting with the marking of assignments, assessments, and examinations reflective of individual discipline expertise.
- Compiling full and accurate reports in respect of academic management and delivery matters and in a timely manner.
- Attending and actively participating in all relevant internal and collaborative partner University Boards and committees.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the broad academic portfolio continue to develop, by motivating and engaging Faculty staff at all levels and communicating proactively.
- Ensuring that the students make full use of the teaching and learning resources provided for them by the organization and the relevant collaborative partner University.
- Compiling necessary marking schedules and allocating Faculty staff as appropriate for marking assignments/presentations/examinations and other components of the assessment regime.
- Pro-actively assisting with student recruitment and related promotional activities.
- Ensuring that the organisation’s contract with students in relation to academic matters is clear, fair and meets all necessary external requirements.
- Overseeing the production of the annual Student Handbook and other relevant student material.
- The working would involve mandatory weekend work (Saturday and Sunday)
Reporting Manager: Directors / Academic Director
Highest Qualification: Preferably master’s degree from a reputable university
Computer Literacy: – Excellent working knowledge of student management system, MS Office , Virtual Learning Environments such as Moodle, Brightspace etc.
Professional Experience :- Substantial academic and administrative experience at tertiary level and possess tangible academic leadership skills developed in an academic/teaching/training environment.
Recruitment Procedure: Please click the Jobs.ac.uk apply button to make your application