At GBS (Global Banking School), we invest in our people and our students are at the heart of everything we do because we know education is transformational. Our mission is to change lives through education, and we take an inclusive approach to recruiting students, with an aim to widening access to higher education among groups currently under-represented in the sector.
GBS is a higher education provider offering a range of sector-relevant courses across eight campuses in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and beyond. Working in partnership with several of the UK’s leading higher education providers, we deliver vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in banking, finance, accounting, business, tourism, healthcare – and more. We are an approved institute on the Office for Students Register and have been reviewed and approved by the Quality Assurance Agency.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Working 40 hours per week.
Please note location is flexible at any GBS campus and we operate an on-site working model.
- To provide leadership and management for higher education programmes validated by our collaborative partners and offered at GBS campuses.
- To ensure that our collaborative partnership thrives and furthers the objectives and aims of GBS strategic planning, including implementation of our learning and teaching strategy across all levels and all course offerings.
- To ensure GBS maintains the highest academic standards and student-centred learning environment enabling our students to meet their educational and professional goals.
- To manage the collaborative partnerships strategically in order to meet key performance indicators set for student attendance, student retention, student progression and student achievement.
- To provide leadership to all staff involved with the delivery of partnership programmes. This includes managing all Programme Leaders, Programme Managers, Module Leaders, teaching staff and professional services staff.
- To advise the relevant Dean and others in Senior Management on all resource requirements, ensuring that all such requirements, including staff, facilities and learning resources, are planned for and realised in a timely fashion.
- To promote and further enhance the highest quality learning experience for GBS students on our collaborative programmes.
- To manage on a day-to-day basis the operation of the programmes delivered across the GBS campuses including travel to all campuses and collaborative partner sites as necessary.
- To ensure that students’ experience the highest quality teaching and learning, pastoral support and careers advice.
- To ensure that academic standards are met through the assessment process and that the marking criteria of our collaborative partners are consistently met by all teaching staff involved in the assessment of students.
- To be responsible for reports for GBS academic governance structures, partnership meetings, including quality reports to all stakeholders.
- To ensure that the quality assurance and quality enhancement requirements of the collaborative partnership are fully adhered to and implemented across all programmes.
- To liaise and act as a key point of contact with staff at the partner institution.
- To attend all partnership meetings and to ensure that reports for these meetings are produced in a timely manner and to the highest standards.
- To ensure that staff and students make full use of the learning resources provided by GBS.
- To deal with student issues in a timely and professional manner using the appropriate policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the efficient and effective use of resources provided by GBS across its campuses.
- To undertake other such duties and responsibilities in the spirit of the role of Associate Dean.
- Experience of managing and leading staff
- A professional approach with integrity at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an enthusiastic approach
- Experience of programme management
- Experience of upholding academic standards and enhancing the student learning experience
- Experience of working in partnership with universities and other higher education related organisations
- Knowledge and understanding of implementing internal quality assurance systems and external quality assurance, including the QAA and Office for Students.
- Good honours degree and Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- Recognised teaching qualification, for example, with the HEA
- Experience of quality assurance reviews, for example the QAA
- External examining at UK universities and other higher education providers
- PhD and research publications
- Senior leadership experience of leading through a period of significant change
In return we offer a great working environment, career progression and some great benefits which include:
- Highly competitive salary and bonus
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), rising by one extra day leave per year of service, up to a maximum of five additional days
- NEST pension scheme
- Tuition reimbursement for career development courses
- Social events
- Access to a range of discounts to over 3000 retail outlet stores
- Opportunity to earn money back on your personal reward page
- Employee Assistance programme with access to 24-hour support
- Generous employee referral programme
APPLY NOW via the ‘Apply’ button above!