Regent’s University London is one of the UK’s most cosmopolitan universities, with around 140 nationalities represented on our stunning campus in the heart of royal Regent’s Park.
- Salary range: from £28,953 to £35,328 per annum (dependent on skills, experience and qualifications (£48,255 to £58,881 per annum, full-time rate)
- 3 days per week – days to be negotiated, Permanent
- Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 1st August 2023
We wish to appoint a talented and inspirational Assistant Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Interior Design to join our team and contribute to the development of our successful and expanding BA (Hons) Interior Design course.
We would like to speak to candidates with academic and professional experience in Interiors, Architecture and/or Spatial Design, who are creative, entrepreneurial, committed, and ambitious.
You will have a range of responsibilities across the Interior Design programme, with a primary role to lead the third-year design studio teaching, and module development on the course.
- Design, manage and deliver teaching on the Interior Design modules at Level 6 of the BA (Hons) Interior Design programme and play a key role in development and planning of the modules.
- Work collaboratively within the Interior Design course team, deploying specialist expertise to develop pedagogy and the curriculum in innovative and critical directions.
To be successful, you should have professional experience and understanding of the position of interiors within the field of architecture and design related disciplines is essential, together with teaching experience in higher education and/or relevant professional experience (e.g. in practice).
You will have demonstrable research and/or Industry experience in a field directly related to the Interior Design curriculum and a background of curriculum design and development. You must have a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline and relevant professional experience in the Interior Design industry as well as experience of Interior Design teaching and learning (including knowledge of the current debates and recent developments in higher education). In addition, you will have current knowledge and understanding of practice and theory, construction and technology relevant to interior design.
Interviews will likely be held on Tuesday 14th August 2023
Regent’s University London is a private university right in the heart of Royal Regent’s Park. We offer bespoke undergraduate and postgraduate education that begins with the individual, focussing on each student’s talents, potential, and aspirations.
Our study areas include business and management; liberal studies and humanities; fashion and design; film, media and performance; psychotherapy and psychology; as well as pathway qualifications in English language and other modern foreign languages.
We are a small, friendly and supportive University offering great benefits for our staff.