The Royal Veterinary College (RVC) is seeking to appoint an Assistant Director of Finance (Financial Services). This is a senior role within the Finance Department reporting to the Director of Finance and is a member of the Senior Finance Management Team. The role manages the RVC’s key financial transactional processes (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash & Banking), as well as overseeing compliance with VAT and off-payroll working (IR35) regulations. There are 8 staff in the Financial Services Team of which 3 are directly managed by this role.
Applicants should have extensive prior experience of managing financial processing functions, and of developing and enforcing policies and procedures which support these. A proactive approach to continuous improvement of systems and processes is essential as are strong management and team motivation skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the role holder will be expected to work with colleagues at many levels across the organisation, including senior management and the governing body, as well as liaise with external parties.
Prior Higher Education experience, though preferable, is not essential although prospective applicants should have previously worked in a large, complex organisation and should hold a CCAB-recognised professional accountancy qualification.
We offer a generous reward package and benefits including:
- Competitive and attractive pension package
- Generous 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays + concessionary days)
- A range of family friendly policies, including adoption, maternity and paternity pay and leave
- On site café and restaurant
- Free membership to the Hawkshead Campus Fitness and Wellbeing Centre located on site (gym, badminton, climbing wall, Zumba, yoga and Pilates classes included)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free mini-bus service to and from Potters Bar station and Hawkshead Campus
If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact Julie Waterfield, Director of Finance [email protected].
Initial interviews are planned to take place w/c 20th November 2023
We promote equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcome applications from all sections of the community.