Full Time – 40 hours per week
Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) is an independent education provider and one of the best known and most well-respected independent colleges in the UK. Owned by Kaplan International, MPW has built an enviable reputation for top academic results, excellent pastoral care and inspired teaching tailored to the needs of each student.
We are seeking an innovative and experienced Admission and Marketing Officer at MPW London, to support the fulltime student admission process and short course programmes.
Based at MPW London the Admissions and Marketing Officer will be responsible for admissions activity for our main courses including marketing, building up relations with feeder schools and working alongside the international recruitment function based at Head Office. Marketing duties will cover local campaigns and working with the central marketing function at Head Office on some of the national and international digital campaigns that they manage for all three colleges in the group.
This is a fast-paced and varied role, with a great opportunity for progression for someone with strong sales experience in educational institutions.
About The Role
- Dealing with enquiries from prospective students and parents, offering initial advice, and organising interviews and entrance examinations
- Arranging and conducting tours of the college with prospective students at their guardians
- Taking a key roles in the sales and booking process for our popular Easter Revision programme
- Data entry into the college’s student recruitment management system, to provide college management with ongoing statistical information
- Identifying trends and problems that may impact student recruitment
- Assist with the production and sending out of relevant materials for publicity purposes
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement ideas to generate enquiries and to plan promotional activity.
- Oversee the organisation and participation in Open Days and other promotional events that raise the profile of the college
- Process applications for bursaries and scholarships in accordance with agreed agreements with the Principal
- Represent the college at events at feeder schools to raise the profiles and ensure that strong active links are developed and maintained
- Promote the college through tours, exhibitions, open events and other activities
- Working with the International Admissions team to assist with managing student documentation requirements as requested by UKVI
- Experience working in admission management, short courses management in a school/sixth form college or higher education setting
- Proven track record of successfully managing admission processes and short course programs, including achieving KPI and financial targets
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as commercial forecasting and financial reporting.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population and stakeholders
- IT skills to include a sound knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel, and able to work with database and CRM systems
- Experience in managing social media, including PPC, brand management
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to work efficiently in order to meet tight deadlines
- A comprehensive knowledge of the UK education system (GCSE, A Levels)
- Good knowledge of UKVI student visa requirements
- An understanding of UK university entrance procedures
For your commitment you will get:
- 30 days paid holiday (excluding UK Bank Holidays) each year
- Guaranteed Income Protection with payment of 75% of your salary minus state benefits
- Life Assurance with payment of 4 times your salary
- Access to an Aviva pension plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
To register your interest in the role, please submit your CV for an initial screening via the ‘Apply’ button above. Suitable candidates will then be requested to fill in an application form in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines.
Commitment to Safeguarding
Mander Portman Woodward is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children and young people. Applicants for the role must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further details of what this includes are found in Recruitment, Selection and Disclosure Policy.