Founded in 1837, the Royal College of Art is the world’s largest community of postgraduate art and design students. It is also the oldest art and design university in continuous operation and has been ranked as the world ‘s number 1 art & design university for a remarkable nine consecutive years (QS World Subject Rankings 2015-2022).
Applications are invited for an Administrator in the School of Architecture. This is a permanent and part time role, working 28 hours per week over 5 days with a minimum of 3 days at our Kensington campus and 2 days from home, as below:
4 days: 9.30am to 4.00pm with 1 hour each day for lunch.
1 day: 9.30am to 4.30pm with 1 hour lunch.
Start and end times may vary, and some flexibility may be required.
Purpose of the post:
Support the delivery, coordination, organisation and administration of postgraduate programmes supporting the school general manager and academic staff in pursuit of excellent standards of postgraduate education and an unrivalled student experience. The role will span all elements of administration, across the student lifecycle, including work on planning and development, marketing, admissions, student induction, timetabling, student records, assessment and feedback and examination administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer local aspects of admissions, student support, and student review and assessment processes for taught and research students.
- Daily email and face-to-face contact with a diverse range of students, staff and external contacts and be responsible for dealing with a range of queries.
- Play a key role in the running of processes for student recruitment and assessment and create and maintain student and financial records as well as providing occasional administrative support to committee, open evenings and other daytime and evenings events.
- Clerking and minute taking at meetings.
- Be responsible for meeting room configuration and set-up including ensuring AV equipment is working and setting up video/Skype calls and proactively liaising with ITS where appropriate.
- Calendar management for student timetabling.
- Financial administration will include ordering stationery, supplies and equipment and processing orders.
- Administer the engagement and payment of lecturers. Raise purchase orders and manage programme financial activities using Unit 4/Agresso.
This is a fast-paced role, where you will use your excellent organisational and communication skills and your initiative to multitask and work as part of the team.
Please see Information Pack for future details.
This role will close for application at 11.49pm on 14th September 2023
Interviews are likely to be held: 26th September 2023
Further details: Information Pack
The Royal College of Art (RCA) aims to foster an inclusive culture which promotes equality, values diversity and maintains a working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all its staff and students and stakeholders are respected.
We recognise the broad range of experiences that a diverse staff and student body brings and how this strengthens our research and enhances our teaching. In order for RCA to remain a world-leading institution we are committed to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) principles throughout all of our processes, from application through to appointment.
Please tell us if you need any assistance in applying or if you need the information in a different format. In your message to [email protected] include:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your email address and name