Fordham University in London, 2 Eyre Street Hill, London, EC1R 5ET
Fordham University in London (FUL) is the London operation of Fordham University, the Jesuit University of New York, USA. FUL organises academic programmes throughout the whole year for undergraduate students in business and liberal arts.
Reporting to the Senior Director, the Academic Manager will manage the day-to-day planning and delivery of our study abroad programmes. This will include timetabling, programme delivery, student registration, faculty support, and line management of an administrative assistant.
The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate a friendly disposition, the ability to relate to students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds, a willingness to engage with all aspects of the student experience and flexibility in order to manage a varied workload.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of Fordham London programmes to drive best practice and consistency in academic administration.
- Manage timetabling of multiple courses and programmes.
- Manage and coordinate curricular activities (event bookings, guest speakers, etc), student attendance, assessment support and examination invigilation.
- Manage compliance with UKVI duties as student sponsor licence holder and issue of student visas.
- Line manage the academic administrative assistant.
- Serve as primary administrator of local registrar functions, including course registration, add/drop advising, and associated reporting.
- Work with London and New York colleagues to coordinate recruitment, and ongoing management, of faculty.
- Work with the internship provider to ensure the effective delivery of student internships.
- Support strategic development of programming and curricular activities.
- Assist with Fordham London events including orientation and co-curricular activities.
- Contributes with communication through the use of social media, newsletters and other media opportunities for Fordham University in London.
- Represent Fordham University in London and Academic Affairs at events with internal and external partners. Related to this, will be expected to work at some academic and/or social activities that take place in the evening or during the weekends.
- Serve on rotation as part of an out-of-hours emergency response team.
FUL operates a competency based approach to recruitment and evaluation of staff to encourage greater diversity within the workplace. We are seeking to appoint someone with the following competencies:
- Good interpersonal awareness
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organised and able to handle varied workload involving a range of stakeholders
- Customer service skills
- Use of initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Educated to undergraduate degree level or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Google suite
Please apply by letter providing evidence of competencies listed above and include your CV.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
SALARY: circa £32,000 – £34,000 plus contributory pension benefits
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be on a rolling basis (Interviews will be held in w/c 18 July 2022)
START DATE: As soon as possible
SEND LETTER AND CV TO: Vanessa Beever, Senior Director [email protected]