The Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen has position openings for 2 PhD Researchers in Agricultural Economics (W/M/D).
The positions are available from August 2023 (or shortly afterwards) for a period of 3 years and are based on a University employment contract (TVL-E13, 65%). The positions are part of the Chair of Economics of Sustainable Agri-Food Systems (Professor D. Läpple) and the research projects focus on agricultural climate change mitigation and animal welfare economics.
- Conduct research on climate change mitigation in the agricultural sector or animal welfare economics
- Design and conduct surveys/economic experiments with farmers
- Conduct quantitative and econometric data analysis
- Present and publish your research internationally
- Prepare and submit a PhD thesis
- Contribute to teaching and MSc/BSc theses supervision
- MSc in Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Economics or related field
- Experience with quantitative research methods and statistical software
- Interest and knowledge in sustainable agricultural production
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience and /or interest in teaching and MSc/BSc theses supervision
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
- International and interdiscplinary research environment
- Funding for data collection, travel and conference participation
- Participation in the Doctoral Certificate Programme in Agricultural Economics
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The University has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Please submit your application as just one single pdf file to I. Schulz, [email protected] by July 21st 2023. Applications should include a letter of interest, a Curriculum Vitae, a copy of MSc transcript, and names and contact details of two references.
Further questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Doris Läpple, [email protected].